Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Save the Date: Oct 30, 2010

On Thursday night, Jon Stewart announced his "Rally to Restore Sanity," a once-in-a-lifetime conflagration of people who, prior to this, have never marched with the Tea Partiers or Glenn Beck or really, marched at all because, according to Stewart, "you have shit to do."

"You may be asking yourself, right now, sitting at home, but am I the right type of person to go to this rally," said Stewart. "The fact that you would even stop to ask yourself that question, as opposed to just, let's say, jumping up, grabbing the nearest stack of burnable holy books, strapping on a diaper and just pointing your car toward D.C. — that means I think you might just be right for it."

And since I am a reporter and not an officially-sanctioned critic (yet), it would probably be conflict of interest for me to advocate this. Let me just say that more than 89,000 people are attending on Facebook.


And after, Stephen Colbert retorted with his own march, the "March to Keep Fear Alive." Both segments contain amazing interplays between the two faux-newscasters. It always amuses me when the two banter, if only because you can see them trying (and sometimes failing, like in the Colbert clip) to keep from laughing. Classic.

I'm looking forward to the rally. Not because I'll be marching in it. Of course not. I'm a journalist. If anyone does go, bring me back a "I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler" sign. For research purposes. Yeah....

No comments:

Post a Comment