Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Pixar Post

A day or two, a 10 minute drive to the nearest Target (located in the next village) to supply the house and my room with much needed amenities, and a series of unpacking later, I am now fully settled into the house. And amazingly enough, the anxiety, fear and general homesickness has abated.

I have begun to enjoy the light streaming into my windows in the morning, the pleasant Syracuse summer, and the fact that there is an Asian supermarket called “The Oriental House of Syracuse” - complete with Korean letters underneath it – nearby the house.

Of course, I am still lacking internet and will be for the next week and a half. But for now, everything seems stable. And as I am discussing the program with my two other housemates who are also in the Arts Journalism program, I find myself amongst people who share my goals and determination in becoming a stellar writer.

And we also agree that Hiyao Miyazaki films include really negligent parents and that Pixar films have the uncanny ability to make you cry.


According to my house-mate, Avantika (who's from India and has two golden labrador retrievers), labradors act exactly like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment