Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Reinvention Post

Remember this day. For this is the day that I have been reinvented.

Like Madonna, I have emerged to become a newer, better self.

How you ask?

For the first time in my very (relatively) short life, I have been described by someone that has known me for more than an evening as a "go with the flow type," unlike everyone else who apparently is "career-driven" and "neurotic." This is from someone who has known me for a grand total of two weeks and in comparison to everyone else in the arts journalism program, despite the fact that I have expressed some of my worries to her, I am still considered very "chill."

So does that mean that my persona has changed in this very short amount of time on the East Coast? Or has it gradually been changing an no one, not even my closest friends, have ever noticed? Or are people not from California less neurotic than people in the other states?

The last one may be likely. Or maybe, I have not changed very much at all and maybe, it's just another facet that not many have seen before, perhaps because when you have always acted one way for most of your life, having the people around you see you as anything contrary to that is difficult. And I have tried so hard to be less neurotic, to not let the little things stress me out, to look at life with a little more faith. So to have someone see that effort, or to see that there is another part of me that can be fun, that can relax, and most importantly that others beside myself can see. Maybe there's some hope for this little hobbit after all.

Maybe now I won't die from a heart attack at a young age.


No comments:

Post a Comment