Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

The New House Post (Look, I made a pun!)

I am now living in a house with 4 other Syracuse Newhouse Journalism students. My first day, after lugging up my three suitcases, I open the door to find a fine layer of dust coating the floors.

But after some explorations later, I discover that I have a basement. And it’s so delightfully creepy, what with the dripping water, the random light-bulb hanging from the ceiling, the plumbing, and the room on the side which looks like it’s been partially run through with a hammer. Or as Marissa my housemate puts it, “something from the underground railroad.”

I also have an attic complete with sound-blocking insulation and two windows that can be used for whoever living there to look forlornly out.

Sadly, what I do not have are clean floors, waiting on that one, it might be a while.

And that concludes my first day in Syracuse, with a mess around me in my room and a messy house. And no Internet. Not to mention that my debit card does not work so I cannot make deposits and my financial aid has not been dispersed so I do not have enough to make rent and to buy stuff for the house.

I kind of want to go home now. Which is normal right?

No comments:

Post a Comment