Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Fringe Festival Post, Part Two

So it took me a better portion of the morning and an additional half an hour to get used to the new format of the NewsHouse blog, but I finally posted up the second part of my FringeNYC experience.

After two months, I finally got to review something again. And it feels good, though it always makes me sad writing bad reviews (even it's more fun). But the fun is undercut by the fact that an hour and a half was spent seeing something that was painful, and then I just get angry.


The anger may come across in my writings sometimes, but what is usually does is act as fuel, almost like caffeine. The words come easier. And on the flip-side, a positive review is never easy to write since there is only so many ways you can say, "this is good, that is good" and then you sound monotonous.

So there's the rub, an enjoyable evening but a difficult writing experience vs. a painful hour and a half but a writer's dream. It's never an easy choice. But here it is.

FringeNYC an Uneven Experience | NewsHouse

To come next, my experience these past two weeks on vacation in Boston and NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment